Frequently Asked Question

If there is a leak, what is the Town responsible to repair?

The Water Department is responsible for the water main, main valves and Fire Hydrants. The service line which starts at the Water Main and goes to the house is the customer’s responsibility, even if the leak is in the curb valve but is on the service line. If you have a leak on the service line, you will have to contact a plumber for repairs.